Website Freedom Heating & Cooling
Human Resources Generalist Job Details Near Fort Wayne, IN
The Human Resources Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department with a heavy focus on hiring and interviewing staff. Duties will also include administering benefits and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Recruiting: 2 years (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
What You’ll Do:
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in all employee-relations matters.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Assists in the implementation new hire orientation.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Conducts stay interviews with focus on improved retention.
- May oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department.
- May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Assist in the communication, implementation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee policies, and organizational chart as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years of experience working in Recruiting and/or Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- SHRM-CP, PHR, or other relevant HR certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn and/or implement the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Recruiting: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location