Website Freedom Heating & Cooling
Accounting Clerk Job Details Near Fort Wayne, IN
The accounting clerk is responsible for providing general support to the accounting and finance department
- Performs basic office tasks, including answering phones, responding to emails, processing mail, filing, etc.,
- Make collection calls and send emails to customers daily
- Coordinates with department regarding next step for uncollectable accounts
- Maintains accurate customer files by verifying customer and job details, and posting customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Processes financing funding deposits for customer payments
- Verifies the validity of account discrepancies and/or short payments/deductions by investigating and obtaining information from the sales team, customer service departments and customers to resolve them
- Summarizes receivable by maintaining and preparing monthly open receivables report
- Supports sales by submitting necessary documentation for major utility provider rebates
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices, transaction accounts, and statements.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/ expense reports, recording entries.
- Reconciles credit card transactions and maintains copy of receipts for tax purposes.
- Identifies cost savings by monitoring discount opportunities and ensuring credits are received for outstanding memos.
- Maintains accurate vendor files by verifying federal id numbers, certificate of insurance, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures timely payment of bills by receiving, processing, posting, and preparing all bills for payment, including meeting necessary deadlines for maximizing all possible discounts
- Maintains Pricebook Software by updating the value of tasks and materials and ensuring ease of use for field employees.
- Provides support on adhoc projects and serves as backup support across accounting functions
- Develops and manages Standard Operating Procedure documents and cross trains accounting resources
- Maintains historical records by scanning invoices in our systems and filing documents.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Previous accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Must be highly organized, proactive and possess the analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
- Microsoft Excel Proficient, experience with accounting software may be required.
- The willingness and ability to quickly learn process and technology (CRM and Accounting software)
- Ability to work as a team member
- Friendly business professional manner by telephone and in person
- Great customer service skills
- The willingness and ability to comply with local, state, and federal financial regulations, as well as the regulations established by the company.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)